Dec 7, 2012
Hello dr shannon i did a unprotected sex with call girl but i donot know about her status then i did 2 times antibody test at 12th&17th week both are negative is this test is enough? Am i hiv free ? please tell me thank yoy
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 90 days from the time of contact. With your test result at the 17th week, you are HIV free.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will A Person That Has Chlamydia Always Have The Disease?
- What Makes Shingles Flare Up?
- What Can Cause A False Positive For Gonorrhea?
- What Antibiotics Can Help Treat Chlamydia?
- Risk Using No Condom When One Partner Has Herpes But Not On An Outbreak
- Is Tea Tree Oil Used To Treat Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.