Condom broke at the begining of Gay Sex

Hello!

I'm a serious nerve rack right now. I'm from Europe, and I was having gay sex. I was the passive one. Suddenly at the beginning of it the condom broke. We replaced the condom and continued. I do not know his status so I'd rather assume he was positive. Anyways he noticed the problem, warned me, and we replaced it. I didn't think too much of it at the time but when I got back home I thought that it may have been a risky accident. So I went to emergency in the hospital and they said that I was not eligible for PEP. I was angry and frustrated and got back home with a recommendation to do an HIV test. I didn't do it right away because I became seriously anxious about it. So I just kept on checking for signs of HIV pre infection and actually started having stress related symptoms which grew to a point where I spent my time crying on my own when no one was around. Every single small change in my body I'd see would prompt me to the brink of insanity. I got myself together and went to an STD clinic and performed a combined normal antigen and p24 test at week 5 thinking the worse. The results came back negative. I felt extremely relieved. However the Doctor told me that as a precaution I should do the 3 months normal HIV test. He said to me just in case because he actually gave me a thumbs up about being negative and he thinks I'll be negative. I spoke to another health specialist and he told me that it is very unlikely that I got hiv since pre cum is not very efficient at passing on the virus and that transmission usually only occurs if the penis bleeds from friction. Appart from this the odds are the same as from getting it from unprotected oral sex he said. Whatever the case I'm still stressed about the whole incident and the remaining month is going to seem like eternity to me. Can you tell me what do you think about my case and what sort of odds I'm dealing with here? Thank you very much and thanks you so much for having this website.

This seemed like a very brief exposure early in sex. I agree the risk is extremely low. A negative HIV antibody test at 6 weeks after the incident would convince me you are negative. A viral load that is undetectable at any time now that you are a couple of weeks out from exposure would also indicate no transmission.

Another way: have your partner HIV tested.

Safe sex and 6 week oraquick results
Should I Start PEP?