blood splattered

My husband was on a bus in nyc and there was a crime that was done on the bus, well the one lady got razor blade cut from her face down to her neck and blood splattered all over my husbands face, eyes, nose and inside his mouth, he even had it blood on his hands, he had told me that he had cuts on his hands. If she has hiv, aids, or even hep can he get any of those viruses.

Such a large exposure does carry risks. I am unsure how long it has been since this horrific event but your husband should discuss this immediately with a knowledgable health care provider. If it has been days since the exposure all that may need to be done is to test for HIV and HIV and see whether he is immune to HBV (such as if he were previously vaccinated). Repeat testing in a few weeks would then be done. Meanwhile, you should have sex only with a condom.

The good news is that while there is a risk, it is likely low and the poor woman who was slashed may not even be infected with any of these viruses.

Do I have HIV? Please Please Help !!
Safe sex and 6 week oraquick results