HIV transmission through underwear ?

My roommate is HIV positive. One day, by mistake, I wore his used underwear. Only after sometime I realized that he masturburated in that underwear and it is still wet. Is there any risk of me contracting HIV ??

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

HIV transmission does not occur in situations like this. HIV does not live well outside of the human body. If there was any virus present, it would not be able to infect another person. Also, the virus needs direct access to the bloodstream for transmission to occur. The virus commonly gains access to the bloodstream through unprotected anal or vaginal sex, and when drug works such as needles and cookers are shared. There was no risk of transmission in this situation.

In health, Richard

hiv from piercing
Contact reused gloves-any risk?