Unprotected Sex exposure with +ve women on meds

Ive been in a monogamous relationship with a woman for 5 years 4 years have been largely 100% condom use with no incidents. However in the last year we have been less careful on many occasions maybe 50% condom use.I have just found out that she is positive but has been consistently on meds. Am not certain of her viral load but she is generally healthy n cd4 above 500. I'm scared to take a test and want to know what the likelihood of being positive is. My last HIV test was 18 months ago n was neg. please advise urgently!

Hi There has been a recent study that has shown the risk of HIV transmission is decreased by up to 96%, when someone is on HIV medications and has an undetectable viral load and yes condom use also dramatically decreases HIV risk.

You getting tested is important not only for you own health but for hers as well. You can only take care of both of you if you both know your status. My husband is negative and gets tested about every 6 months.

Be well and get tested and stay safe, Shannon

Can You Pass on HIV if you test negative
post exposure prophylaxis