Follow Up: Wounds and bleeding scratches when playing sports

Hi Shannon,

Firstly, thank you so much for answering. On my "Case 2", the drug addict player actually have red/maroon spots over his arms and legs which is why I fear the worst initially.

Whether his red spots are dry or moist, I am not sure.

I am sorry if I am being a bit detailed here, but anxieties are kicking in. So will your assessment be the same if:

- his blood (not dried) was present in his nails when he scratch the web of my fingers till it bled - my wound came in contact with his red spots (which may be moist) - other parts of his hand/body actually cut me (dried skin, etc)

Thank you. Regards, How

Hi How The chances of HIV transmission in this way are so very very small. I would feel comfortable saying almost non existent. There needs to be large volume of blood and of course the other person would have to have HIV. Just being a drug addict does not make him HIV positive as well.

If your anxiety continues I would recommend getting tested to give you the peace of mind you are seeking.

be well and stay safe, Shannon

Can you get HIV if you perform French Kiss with someone who is HIV+ with oral ulcer as well?
HIV phobia or not & risk?