|Follow Up: Wounds and bleeding scratches when playing sports
Dec 2, 2012
Firstly, thank you so much for answering. On my "Case 2", the drug addict player actually have red/maroon spots over his arms and legs which is why I fear the worst initially.
Whether his red spots are dry or moist, I am not sure.
I am sorry if I am being a bit detailed here, but anxieties are kicking in. So will your assessment be the same if:
- his blood (not dried) was present in his nails when he scratch the web of my fingers till it bled - my wound came in contact with his red spots (which may be moist) - other parts of his hand/body actually cut me (dried skin, etc)
Thank you. Regards, How
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi How The chances of HIV transmission in this way are so very very small. I would feel comfortable saying almost non existent. There needs to be large volume of blood and of course the other person would have to have HIV. Just being a drug addict does not make him HIV positive as well.
If your anxiety continues I would recommend getting tested to give you the peace of mind you are seeking.
be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- The Ability Of Hiv Positive People To Play On Sports Teams
- Should Athletes With Hiv Be Allowed To Play Sports?
- HIV Transmission Nipple Sucking
- Protected Anal Sex Risk Of Getting HIV
- Risk Of Nipple Biting
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.