can you please advise

Hello Dr. Shannon,

I had a very high risk exposure with a possibility of being infected with a contaminitad niddle when giving blood in Africa. I have swollen lymph nodes(anterior cervical node, axillary node and one in the groin area), but most stranegly I have flare-ups in my skin of some type of rash, once in the palms, then in the chest, then in the foot, they come and go in different places. I also have had some mouth ulcers in the fist week. This is going on for two weeks now since exposure, do you think this is ARS HIV? I do not have fever, but have some joint pains in the elbow and knee. Does this dound like acute HIV infection?

Thank you very much for your response.

Hi The only way to truly know your status is to be tested. Your symptoms can be from HIV but they can also be from many different things. And if you feel you had a contaminated needle there could be more than HIV. I would strongly recommend getting tested and finding out your status. If it is not HIV then following up with a health care provider to see if they can help assess what the symptoms are from.

Be well, Shannon

Still worried
Can you get HIV if you perform French Kiss with someone who is HIV+ with oral ulcer as well?