Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please answer!!
Dec 2, 2012

I had protected sex with a guy and the condom broke. We stopped as soon as we saw, but I'm not sure whether he penetrated me before we noticed or not, it's a bit unclear. That was on Sunday. On Friday, two days ago, my throat started to hurt and after that I had difficulty swallowing. Yesterday I noticed there are white spots at the back of my throat and it's still a bit hard to swallow. Can this be HIV and can it show symptoms this early? I'm very worried, thank you for your answers.

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi I'm glad to hear that you stopped once the condom broke. So your chances of HIV transmission occurring is very very small. Signs and/or symptoms of HIV do not start this soon. It sounds to me as if you have picked up another type of infection, cold or strep throat etc...if your symptoms continue I recommend you following up with your health care provider.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
please provide your opinion
Next
STI

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.