Please answer, very worried!! :(

I had protected sex with a guy and the condom broke. We stopped as soon as we saw, but I'm not sure whether he penetrated me before we noticed or not, it's a bit unclear. We switched positions and I felt a bubble of air at the end of the condom, so when he touched it he realized it broke and I'm so confused about how it went down. What are the chances of me getting HIV?

5 days after that my tonsils got swollen and developed puss pockets, but I'm hoping it's from a common cold or some bacteria rather than a symptom of HVI?

Hi From what you have described it sounds as if the likelihood of transmission is very small but there. Not being sure when the break occurred and not knowing what his status is I think it is important to be screened for all of the sexually transmitted viruses.

The symptoms you describe sound as if it could just be the common cold, as signs of HIV infection would not start that soon.

Your best way to know your status is to receive testing. The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 90 days, if both of these tests are negative then so are you, as long as there were no other types of exposure during that 90 day period, if so then the timing starts over again.

Can acute infection starts soon as 5 days after possible exposure?