Transmission from blood spot on toilet seat

Went to the restroom at work and didn't realize until standing up that there was a small blood spot on the seat toward the front. It wiped away fairly easy (so wasn't totally dried). My concern is that I tried to see if any got on the back of my thigh and used my hands to try to pull my thigh to see the area better. I didn't see anything, but then saw that I had an open hangnail on one of my fingers. Concerned that if the hangnail area (which was open and not healed over) touched my thigh where blood residue might have been if there is any risk. I washed my hands and put on antibacterial gel.

Hi Once HIV is outside of the body, oxygen destroys it. Finding blood on a toilet seat, oxygen would probably have destroyed it before you got there. Also sitting on a toilet seat does not expose you to the fluid so there is no potential mode of transmission. As for your hangnail, HIV transmission is only possible come into contact with mucous membranes, if this does not occur than HIV cannot be transmitted.

This should give you peace of mind!

Dumb and worried
hiv through kissing