Dumb and worried

Hey Shannon. Can I get hiv from touching someone that has hiv? Not say by casual contact but say if they vomited or were bleeding. If there was some fluid on them that just happened to get on me but that I couldn't visibly see and I say rubbed my face unknowingly or something like that. My fears seem irrational to me, maybe I'm just paranoid. I'd appreciate if you could give me an answer though. Thanks.

Hi No question here is ever dumb, asking them is why we are here!

You cannot get HIV from casual contact. HIV transmission occurs through a direct exchange of body fluid. There needs to be a significant amount of fluid and you would have to have a freshly opened area on you. You would have to visibly see the blood, vaginal or seminal fluid in order for there to be an opportunity for transmission to occur. Also to keep in mind that HIV dies once it is outside of the body.

pls help me i am soo worried
Transmission from blood spot on toilet seat