can hiv transmit through cotton?

hi..one of my HIV patient was bleeding from nose so he was using a cotton guage , i had 2 stop the bleeding BY APPLYING PRESSURE on part of the nose where there was no active bleeding using the same cotton, when i took that cotton guage there was no blood in the place where i touched on cotton guage , but after 30 seconds the cotton got soaked with the little blood which it had on the other side of it& it absorbed blood & i had little serum filtered through the cotton guage on my skin , my skin was intact, i had no wounds or even a small cut, i immediately washed my hand with a chlorhexidine solution & then washed my hand thoroughly for 2-3 times. i wanted to know what are my chances ? thank you

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Based on the information you provided me, it doesn't sound like transmission would have been likely to occur. I would follow the protocols put in place by your hospital, clinic, or office. They may want you to do a PCR DNA test immediately, and an antibody test at the 90 day mark just to be safe.

In health,

Richard

Risk of putting band aid on someone's cut
hii. .. sir/madam