Risk of putting band aid on someone's cut

A handyman working at my house cut his finger and needed a band aid. There was a little blood so I went to grab the band aid. His other hand was covered in mud so I put it on his cut. At that time, about a minute later, it wasn't bleeding . While I do not have any open wounds on my fingers, should I be concerned?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

There is no risk of transmission in a situation like this. HIV does not live well outside of the human body, needs a portal of entry into the body, and must enter the bloodstream in a manner that would facilitate transmission. Unprotected penetrative sex (anal and vaginal) and sharing needles are two common ways that transmission can occur. These are the reasons why you were not at risk in this situation.

In health,

Richard

bought sticky bra, possible hit transmission
can hiv transmit through cotton?