HIV partner and unprotected sex

Hi Doctors< my questions is, can a man stay dry as a bone while having sex till seconds before he cums? My partner a sures me he is not putting me in danger while having unprotected sex with him due to the fact he stays, as he calls it, bone dry till he's about to ejaculates.Is this a true fact or is he taking a chance all because he doesn't like to wear a condom ? Yes he does pull out seconds before he cums.

Thanks, Rhonda.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi Rhonda:

There is always the possibility of pre-ejaculatory fluid being present prior to your partner ejaculating. In addition to semen (and blood & vaginal secretions), pre-ejaculatory fluid is capable of transmitting the virus. By not using a condom the risk of HIV transmission is increased. As the receptive partner, your risk is even higher. Also, by not using a condom you are at risk for other STD's. These include Gonorrhea and Chlamydia, with an increased risk for skin-to-skin diseases such as Syphilis and Herpes.

Bottom line: I would suggest that you start using condoms OR if you both are committed to having a monogamous relationship then after three months of monogamy, you both can be tested for all STD's including HIV. If all of those tests come back negative, then you can start the discussion about not using condoms. I hope this helps.

In health,

Richard

Dear Shannon, Give me your opinion!
Risk of HIV in fresh cut