|Hiv on speculum?
Nov 25, 2012
Is there a risk of Hiv infection if the doctor does not change the metal speculum(vagina) between two patients???
| Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there- I would say that this would depend on what procedures each woman was having (example- a regular pap smear would be rather non invasive compared to a biopsy or intra-uterine injection for fertilization). I have not heard of providers reusing speculums and if you have concerns I would talk with the doctor to find out their typical sterilization procedures and if you still have concerns - change providers. Take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Licking Anus Worried I Have
- Testicular Pain After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From In A Hot Tub?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.