|Sore throat ? Or what ?
Nov 25, 2012
I have had a sore throat for 72 hours, it's hard to swallow or even talk. I get a headache now and then. Sometimes dizzy ness. My back of my throat is red and has a small white patch . What is this ?
| Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there- It is impossible to make a diagnosis just based on those symptoms. It could be anything as simple as an viral upper respiratory infection or allergies to a bacterial infection like strep throat needing antibiotics. The small white patch could certainly represent a bacterial or fungal infection as well. I would suggest having a doctor examine you and perform any additional testing as needed. Take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Uncommon Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- What Causes Vaginal Hemorrhaging And Shaking?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.