Sore throat ? Or what ?
Nov 25, 2012
I have had a sore throat for 72 hours, it's hard to swallow or even talk. I get a headache now and then. Sometimes dizzy ness. My back of my throat is red and has a small white patch . What is this ?
Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there- It is impossible to make a diagnosis just based on those symptoms. It could be anything as simple as an viral upper respiratory infection or allergies to a bacterial infection like strep throat needing antibiotics. The small white patch could certainly represent a bacterial or fungal infection as well. I would suggest having a doctor examine you and perform any additional testing as needed. Take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Achy Balls After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.