Mouth sore

I think I have hiv and I have a bleeding mouth sore... The other day I was eating ice cream and I bit the chocolate off and my daughter ate the chocolate... She have a loose tooth in her mouth... I am so scared that I might gave it to her because i have a bleeding mouth sore and she have a loose tooth...what is the possibility that i might gave her hiv????

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- First, if you think you may have HIV, I would suggest getting testing to be sure. If you are infected, there are many treatments available to keep you healthy and also limit transmission to sex partners. In terms of transmitting HIV to your daughter if you are indeed infected, I would say the chances are negligible. There has to be a significant amount of virus directly inoculating another person and in the episode you describe, this did not happen. Take care and get tested. LHW

can you catch hiv through cloths?
bloody discharge