Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Probably irrational
Nov 25, 2012

I'm a man who had a heavy make out session with a lady who later told me that she was hiv positive. She perfomed oral on me for about ten minutes and I stuck my finger inside her for 10-20 minutes. We had some heavy -deep kisses for many minutes. I didnt perform oral on her and she assured me that I would be fine. I had met her # and a half months earlier and we had unprotected sex (she claims she didnt have it at that time)- I took 2 Oraquicks to be sure about our first encounter-negative on both.....how worried should I be about the recent make out session?

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- Getting HIV through kissing, no matter how long and how much deep kissing you do, you cannot get HIV this way. There has to be a direct exchange of body fluid, blood, semen, vaginal fluid or breast milk for there to be a risk. Kissing is not one of those risk. It is not in saliva. If you are interested in pursuing a relationship with this woman, I would suggest accompanying her to her drs appointment to have some basic questions asked so that you both can feel safe in what you are doing. Take care, LHW

Previous
stds from using protection
Next
can you catch hiv through cloths?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.