|hiv and other diseases
Nov 25, 2012
can the medication for HPV or any other sexually transmitted disease affect the result of a hiv blood test? i mean if someone is having medication for hpv for example and gets tested for hiv, or gets tested soon after he stops medication, will this give him a false negative? please answer!
| Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello- No- there is no interaction between these medications and test results would not be affected. Take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Rash After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Pressure Prickling And Tingling
- Are Condoms Provided By Sex Workers Are Safe?
- Being Fingered By A Man With Cum On His Hand
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.