The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Oral sex for about 10 mins. I need answers

Nov 25, 2012

Hello I had oral sex done on me by a guy but it only lasted about 10-15 seconds, no other exposure was done between us. 3 months later I took the HIV 1/2 screening and it came out negative but i had folliculitis for about 2 months and received treatment for it. But recently I have struggled with gaining weight the way i normally do. and a bump that hurt appeared on my vagina but went away in about 4-5 days but i can still sort of feel it. about 3-4 scabs have appeared inside my mouth ever since and I have really dried skin and I have only had 1 incidence where i had diarrhea but I just keep checking my body for stuff that will appear to go against the negative test. Even though the doctor that I went to told me that I was fine and the guy that did the oral sex on me also tested negative. My anxiety of having something is just rising and rising and I just wanted to know what you think about my situation. Thank you! and sorry for the inconvenience.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello- Bottom line- you are not infected with HIV for the following really important fact. The man you had oral sex with is not infected. It is impossible to get HIV from someone who doesn't already have HIV. Also, oral sex is a very inefficient way to get HIV even if your partner were infected. Sounds like your anxiety is getting the best of you and that certainly could be the cause of your symptoms. Take care, LHW

Possible STI infection?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint