am at risk if exposed to hiv infected blood during delivery

i delivered a woman who was passing by neighborhood without gloves,however i used polyhene bags to bring the baby out but when i as cutting the cord,i used bare hands and had some blood spills on my hand,i wrapped the baby and observed her before i washed my huands wit soap.i trans ported mother and baby to the hospital only to be informed she is positive to hiv and on antiretroviral therapy,i am currently taking my post exposure prophylaxis eventhough her viral load was not checked.i cannot remember the blade giving me a cut but i could feel pain after sanitizing my hands at the hospital meaning i had some cuts on my hands which i cannot ascertain weather it was before,during or after that i sustained the cuts.i want to know what is my chances of getting infected and will the prophylaxis offer complete protection cos i started my PEP 5hours after exposure

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there What a good deed you did- it was very lucky that you were there to deliver the baby. I think your risk of getting HIV are very low for the following reasons: 1) you saw no active cut on your hands to indicate bleeding; 2) the woman was on ART and my guess (though I don't know for sure) is that her viral load was very low and hopefully undetectable since she was on medications presumably to decrease the chances of her baby being infected and 3) you started PEP within the suggested time period. I would recommend continuing the PEP for the full 28 days to be safe but I would rest assured that I think your risk is very low. Take care, LHW

Really confused about window term
Can you help me understand this?