Chlamydia and sex toys

Hello, I can't seem to find a definitive answer for this question and I'd like to put both mine and my friend's mind at rest. Can you catch chlamydia from a sex toy that has not been shared with anyone else but has not necessarily been cleaned properly? Also, can you catch it when sharing sex toys between two uninfected partners? (Neither of us have been with anyone else before, so we have not been with anyone infected). Thank you in advance for the answer to this. We've both done tests and are awaiting results, but we'd like not to be panicking until we receive them!

The good news is that chlamydia and other STIs do not spontaneously generate (that is they do not appear out of thin air). So, if you and your partner were not infected and were stranded on a deserted island where sex toys grow on trees, you would remain infection-free for the remainder of your cast-a-way days.

As to your other question about how long chalmydia could live on a sex toy: Probably not long (hours).

If this is all about trying to find out if someone has given someone else chlamydia, recognize that chlamydia infections can go under the radar and not cause symptoms. Therefore, a person may have it for a long time and enter into a relationship infected unknowingly.

Chances of getting HIV
at home testing accuracy?