|I need your opinion please (case and test results)
Nov 23, 2012
I had sex with a sex worker and I don't know about her HIV status. It was protected sex BUT I had shaved my pubic hair 5 hours before sex and had some small cuts from shaving. and while having sex the out side of the condom that came in touch with her fluids came in contact with the cuts I had from shaving.
After 22 days : ELISA NEGATIVE After 25 days: HIV RNA RT-PCR Negative After 8 weeks: ELISA WEAK POSITIVE (1.1) and Pepti-lav and Innolia Negative ....
Please I need your opinion I cannot do anything. THAT WEAK POSITIVE ELISA made me very stressed !!!
| Response from Dr. Wohl
Test enough and the risk of a false positive becomes more likely. I suspect that is the case here. If the western blot or similar test is negative at week 12 I would consider this a false ELISA positive. An HIV RNA level would clinch the diagnosis of false positive test if undetectable now or then.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hairy Tongue After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Muscle Ache After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.