cervical adenopathy after 3 month negative hiv elisa
Nov 23, 2012
hi sir, i tested negative for hiv by elisa at 3 months but my cervical adenopathy is increasing since 2 months from unprotected intercourse with an hiv + lady.. 1. Are my hiv results conclusive.? 2.What may be the reason for cervical adenopathy if not hiv do herpes adenopathy persist for so long time. FYI i m a medical student cant discuss with my teachers..thanx.
Response from Dr. Wohl
There can be many reasons for cervical lymphadenopathy besides HIV. Your testing indicates you are not HIV infected. I would seek medical advice from a provider other than your professors.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Why Does Uganda Have Lower Rates Of Hiv/aids Infections When Compared To Other Sub-saharan African Countries?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of Hep B?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Licking Nipple?
- Can Someone Catch HIV From Sharing A Joint?
- Can You Contract AIDS From Period Blood?
- HIV Transmission Vaginal Secretions
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.