Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Condom Breaks, 45seconds-One Minute of exposure
Nov 23, 2012

About a month and a week ago, I had sex with a prostitute. This prostitute was not off the streets, but inside a strip club in Miami. We were having vaginal sex and the condom broke, time of exposure was about 45secibds to a minute and a half at most. Asked the girl if she was clean and the response was "Yes, I get tested every month. You don't think I want to be healthy" with that being said still had not givin me no piece of mind. I took a Std and Hiv test a week after contact and everything came back negative. As time has passed I have been getting very anxious and spending endless hours online trying to diagnose myself, not good I know. Going to get checked at month and a half mark and if everything come back negative again at the three month mark and sixth month mark as well. I have spoken to two different doctors and they told me that my chances are as close to 0 as it gets. Please let me know what you think? Thanks in advanced.

Response from Dr. Wohl

Very low risk for HIV infection indeed. Female to male transmission in the US is pretty rare. If your 3 month test for HIV is negative, so are you.

DW

Previous
french kiss
Next
Could I have contracted HIV?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.