HIV through laser treatment

Hello Doctor,

How are you?

I pray you can please help me . I am so stressed out. That I have been crying nearly every day now and I battle to sleep at night.

I have being going for permanent laser hair removal (to remove the hair on my vagina). Can HIV be transmitted this way?

I was at the spa last week Saturday to go for a laser hair removal treatment. There was a lady that was in just before me and was also getting laser done. I went in just after her. Is it possible that one the machine they use on you that it can transmit HIV? If there was blood or vaginal fluids on the machine and then they use it on your vaginal area? The device they use touches my vagina and also touches my "inner lip" and if there was blood or vaginal fluids on the device and touch my vagina (where the mucous membrane is) would HIV transmission be possible?

If you can please help me with the above. I cant even concentrate on my work while I am at work, as I am worried that I now have HIV.

Thank you so much

God Bless.

The South African

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

There is absolutely no risk from the situation you're talking about. To get HIV, body fluids with HIV need to come out of someone's body and go immediately/directly inside of someone else's body. Even if there were someone else's body fluids you're missing the "immediately/directly" part completely! Therefore, no risk.

Hope this helps!

Erik

who takes longer than 3 months?
HIV Antibodies Production