Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

dear Erik, happy Turkey, need your help
Nov 22, 2012

I had a low risk exposure, hand job and tested negative with under 50 naat test at three weeks. I tested RNA detected under 20 with bioscience, they ran my test again and came up RNA undetected. Their doctor said I could be an elite controller. I did three antibody tests after, with Elisa, cmia, naat again 4 weeks after RNA under 20 was detected and finally did a insti negative at 94 days past exposure. That RNA detected under 20 is haunting me, even though I had negative naat 4 weeks later. I was also told by my gp that elite controllers always have positive antibodies and I had a total of 7 negative antibodies in past 12 weeks. My symptoms were joint and muscle pain, headaches and rumbeling stomach. Felt nauseated at times, but I noticed it when I was stressed and anxiety was at highest. I've been really stressed and also experienced heavy hair loss a few weeks after my anxiety was at highest after the massage and positive RNA. Also worth noting, bioscience showed no viral load log on the test that showed RNA detected. I also had cold sores, two, few weeks after. I do have furry tongue but thrush test came back negative. I used hydrogen peroxide to clean the white stuff off my tongue when I saw it in the morning. Maybe that caused the furry tongue since thrush test was negative? Best wishes.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

If I understand you correctly.. your "low risk" was a hand job??

There's no risk from that. NONE. Therefore testing is not required. No risk = No HIV. I'm sorry if no one has told you this before, it would've saved you a lot of stress. However, if someone has told you about the no risk before.. but you're having difficulty accepting the lack of risk.. then that's a point where it would be helpful to bring in a professional (counselor) to help you get to the point where you can believe.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Previous
just wondering?
Next
snap back's and tattoos

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.