Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV in saliva
Nov 21, 2012

Dear Dr. Glenn, I have never engaged in a risky behavior where there was a chance of being infected with STD. however a few nights ago I went out with some friends to a night club. I was dancing with a girl whom I did not know, as she was talking to me small amount of her saliva landed on my face near my mouth(she did not do it on purpose) and my tongue came in contact with the saliva on my face. Later she told me she is HIV positive. I dont know if she had bleeding gums or not. But in terms of quantity the saliva was less than a drop. Is there a chance of being infected with HIV? Many thanks for your time. Best

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question, but there is no no no NO risk of getting HIV from saliva. It doesn't matter if it's a little or a lot.

Therefore you have no risk for HIV from her and can feel completely comfortable interacting with her casually.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Previous
please answer me asap.. mother of a 7 yr old girl u adore
Next
solve problem

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.