Please help me! Am I prone to HIV?

Dear Erik, Please help me!

Exactly 2 months back, I got a nude massage in India wherein she applied cream to her breasts and asked me to suck. I felt watery in my mouth and thought she was lactating. After a week, I had sore throat and inflammation, followed by extreme fatigue which lasted for 10 days.

I got an HIV ELISA after 1 month which was negative. And even yesterday, I had an HIV ELISA (Exactly 60th day after eposure) and even it was negative.

My worry is, am I still infected but not showing in my results because of window period? Also, how reliable are the tests in India?

Should I get tested after 90 days?

Please help me as I am tensed and freaking out.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

It doesn't sound like you're at risk for HIV. You would literally have to be drinking her breast milk to have any bit of risk... sounds like that wasn't the case.

Therefore it's no surprise that your tests have come back negative. If you were to get tested at the 90 mark, it sounds like that test would come back negative.

Hope this helps!

Erik

PLEASE ADVISE: SYMPTOMS AFTER 3 Months
help please