HELP :'(

Hi, I'm a 23 year old guy from the Philippines. I voluntarily have myself for HIV 1-2 AG/AB test using the CMIA method after a possible exposure 2 1/2 months ago. The thing happened I believe mid-august then I took the test October 1st. The result was non reactive. Earlier about September 4th week I had a fever, cough, and my body was aching so bad. So i was scared that I had HIV because HIV symptoms can be anything. I went to the doctor and got a urinalysis found out I had mild UTI then that was the time I had my HIV test. I told the doctor for AN ELISA test then they approved it as I told them that I wanted to do it voluntarily. I am so scared for my family and my friends. After finding out that I had UTI I was given antibiotics to clear it. So I took the meds after 1 week it made feel weaker then I had a different pain that I felt like in my right ear. Went to the doctor again and got diagnosed for ear infection, he said something about by ear canal being red as there was an infection. I got scared again as this may be related to HIV as there is an infection that he was suspecting. So they gave me a new set of antibiotics. Now, I'm really scared as I am having back aches and head aches because of this. Can you please tell me if I should be retested? As I have been freaking out for a month now and it is making weaker each day.

Oh by the way the thing that happened was an unprotected oral sex that I performed to a straight boy which is a 19 y/o college boy. The oral part lasted only for like 10 minutes or so as I finshed it by masturbating him. He never ejaculated in my mouth and I made sure I never had any sores in my mouth but I have a cracked tooth, does that count?

So my questions are... Should I get retested again?

Can I still be HIV positive if I had a contact that was 2 years and 3 months ago but tested non reactive?

Is the test that I got reliable?

I know i took some antibiotics and can they cause any false results to my test?

Pattern when I took my antibiotic:

-----------------Aug--------------------------Sept ------------------------ Oct --------------------- Nov Possible Exposue Tested for HIV Took antibiotics Took antibiotics

I'm still having some back aches and muscle pains, and headaches. I'm really depressed and prone to anxiety :( So please help. I cry every night... (;-:) I know I did some mistakes but I learned my lessons...

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Oral sex is considered a low-risk activity, although your cracked tooth did increase the risk. A negative antibody test at 2.5 months is a good indicator of what the 90 day result will be. However, if you would like a conclusive result then a test must be done at 90 days or later. I would suggest that you do in for a final test for your peace of mind. I am confident the result will be negative. Don't cry. It's OK. I'm sure the test will be negative.

In health,

Richard

4th time trying to get an answer
PLEASE ADVISE: SYMPTOMS AFTER 3 Months