Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

complicated
Nov 21, 2012

I had unprotected sexual relation with a prostitute from 2 years and one months . After 10 days I start to have symptoms like headache and fatigue and night sweat . after one month I start to have confusion, skin rashes ,swollen lymph behind my ear ( around 0.5 cm and still till now), and achy muscles and joint pain and sore throat and runny nose and some gastrointestinal problem and I loosed weight around 4 kg and later on dry cough and some hand and leg tingling. These symptoms stil till now come and get stronger when rashes appear (on face shoulder hand and leg). But always red sore throat and fatigue and lack of concentration and runny nose especially in cold weather. I did many tests: After 2 weeks : hiv duo + ag24 negative , RNA hiv1 pcr undetectable ( 400 copies /ml), CBC test show neutrophil 65% (41-67) , lymphocyte 28%.

After 4 weeks : hiv negative , Cbc test show decrease of lymphocyte 22% ( 16-44) increase of neutrophil 73% (41-67)

After 2 months : hiv negative , anti Ag24 negative ,RNA hiv1 pcr undetectable , CBC lymphocyte 32% , neutrophil 65%

After 3 months :hiv negative After 6 months :hiv negative , pcr rna hiv1 undetectable, Crp test 0.5 ( 0-0.7), Phadiatop positive ( pollens, mousissures, poussiere)

After one year: Creatinine 1.2 ( 0.7-1.2) , Uree 26 ( 19-43), Crp test 0.2 (0-0.7), Protein total 7.6 ( 6.3-8.2) , Albumin 4.9 (3.9-5.0), Globuline 2.7 ( 2.3-3.5), LDH 398 ( 313-618) ,[ Cmv , vhc , Ag hbs ,Ac anti hbs , wright brucellose , Idr ( all negative )]

After One year and half : pcr Rna hiv1 + subtype o undetectable ( 20copies/ml ) , pcr Rna hiv2 undetectable ( 100 copies /ml ) , Albumin 4.8 , Globuline 2.7

After 2 years and one month : hiv negative

CD4 746 35% ; CD8 767 36% ( after 4 months of exposure ) CD4 915 42% ; CD8 632 29% ( after 8 months ) CD4 794 37% ; CD8 772 36% ( after one year ) CD4 529 28% ; CD8 605 32% ( after 1 year and 1 month ) CD4 714 27% ; CD8 847 32% (after 2 years and 1 month )

As u can see that my CD4 count and % are decreasing . plus that my albumin level is some how high ( one of the reason of high albumin is hiv ) I was checked by an infectious disease doc , and his opinion was that I dont have HIV coz my hiv duo and my RNA hiv pcr are undetectable after 6 weeks and thats conclusive . he gave me pills anti histamine , pills and spray for sinus, but i didnt get better at all. i have search about the late delay seroconversion and there is few cases. what do u think doc,do i have hiv? if ot whats going on ???

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Any testing done at three months or later is considered conclusive. You are HIV negative. CD 4/8 counts can fluctuate by the hundreds, depending on what part of the day your blood is drawn. High albumin levels are usually a result of dehydration. You do not have HIV.

In health,

Richard

Previous
confused
Next
am in fear pls help me

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.