confused

I am hiv negative and my husband is positive.He is undetected and lately we had sex ,after we finished he pulled out and half of the condom was stuck inside me.He pulled it out and it was not broken.Am I infected?Should I go to do a test as I noticed some semen poured out when it was pulled out but no semen touched me.Please help.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

From the sounds of it, I would not be too concerned. If his semen did not get inside of you, then there would be no risk. Since your husband is HIV positive, I would suggest that you are tested for HIV every three months as a matter of precaution. If you are not already doing that, you could start with a test in three months just to be safe.

In the future, make sure your husband firmly grasps the condom at the base before pulling out. This will help insure that something like this does not happen again. Good luck.

In health,

Richard

Does Oral Sex between two HIV negative individuals Leads to HIV Infection?
complicated