Is hand and feet peeling a sign of hiv rash?

Hi there! I performed oral sex on a man 6 weeks ago and I had a canker sore in my mouth. I did everything I could to protect the canker sore keeping his penis and fluid away from the sore. He was of unknown status. I asked him later bc I was stressing and he said he was clean. But a week after the potential exposure, my hands started to peel then a week or so later my feet peeled. I was wondering if this was from hiv. I have no rash and no serious flu like symptoms. Also the weather has been super dry since its winter. Am I okay?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Good job on being aware of the condition of your mouth. While I consider oral sex to be low-risk, it's things like canker sores, aggressive tooth brushing/flossing prior to oral sex, and other cuts/abrasions in the mouth that can increase the risk of HIV transmission from oral sex.

Based on the information presented, it's likely that transmission did not occur. You could certainly go in for an antibody test at 90 days if it would make you feel better. As for your hands and feet - i'm sure it's just dry skin.

In health,

Richard

SEX
Please help! Testing guidelines question!