Fell over in a bar my glass smashed and cut my wrist, could i get infected?

Fell over in a bar my glass smashed and cut my wrist could it be possible of catching anything off the floor or glass or am i just being paranoid?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

There is absolutely no risk from the situation you're describing.

I can see where you're going with your logic. There's an opening on your body from the glass, however, there's no HIV getting in there.

For HIV to transmit you need HIV positive body fluid coming out of someone's body and going immediately/directly inside of your body. That didn't happen in your case.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Showing MOST acute HIV symptoms following 'low' risk
What are my chances?