Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Low Fever, muscle pain and tongue thrush
Nov 20, 2012

Two days ago i had sex with a prostitute. It is my first time in my life doing that and I know I would regret it. At the same night after sex, I had muscle ace and pain as if I have been working out. The next day (or maybe at the same night), I felt nausea and slight fever and a little lost of appetite (I still ate plenty to overcome this). On the third morning, I woke up with a tongue thrush (actually I noticed it before I slept around 48 hours from contact).

I am going nuts, is it possible that I have hiv? Can the HIV symptoms occur this fast and early? I tend to rarely get sick hence I was so proud of my immune system; hence, why the tongue thrush happened just 48 hours from sexual intercourse with a hooker!

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Symptoms do not tell us if someone is HIV positive. The first question is whether your sex was protected or not. If it was unprotected, you need to wait three months and be tested for HIV to know your status.

As a side note, thrush would only appear after years and years of someone being infected. I'm curious how you would even know what thrush is.. if you've been searching around online about "HIV symptoms" it can be easy to misunderstand some of the information you may have read. Be careful about that.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Previous
confused
Next
Please Help!! This is life and death situation

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.