confused

My girl friend recently tested positive for both chlamydia and gonorrhea and I only tested positive for chlamydia. This seem rather strange to me, is this something that is possible? Or was there an error in the tests?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

If you both have been having unprotected sex, you're right, it's pretty unlikely for you to show no having gonorrhea.. But if you got tested for it and it wasn't there, then that sounds like the case. Are you sure that you both received the test for both STDs??

You may want to follow up with the place you got tested and ask them some clarifying questions about whether you and your girlfriend might want to be (re)tested.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Help me please!?
Low Fever, muscle pain and tongue thrush