Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I am male 30 year, am I infected?
Nov 20, 2012

Hi, i am male 30 year old and I had a protected oral and vaginal sex with stripper in June second week and in July last week and unfortunately I had a fever in the month of Sept.(Mid) near to 100 deg F and a very mild throat infection feeling for a first day then I have taken paracetamol tablet and the second day I was filling fine and no fever.The next day to that i had conjection and runny nose and same fever at night, then next to that day i had cough and fever too, and that condition was last for 3 days and in that whole time i have taken some paracetamol tablets for a fever. and whenever I have taken paracetamol tablets ( 4 to 5 tab in 3 to 4 days) and I was feeling fine after that, still I had a doctor visit and he tested for flu, and the test was negative. and from that point my fear started that whether it is acute HIV? Apart from minor runny nose, minor cough and a conjecion on third and 4th day and a fever there were no other symptoms. During the sexual activities like intercourse I had intercourse for may be 30 to 40 seconds and it was protected sex, but i am worries because i have touch vagina and done fingering inside and after removal of condom and I have touches to my penies too with a same hand. there were no sufficient light, thats why I am not sure whether condom broke or not but I did not felt that. One more think she used her saliva before putting the condom on me and both the time ( in June and July) exactly it happened in a same way( first oral sex and the vagina intercourse for 30 seconds may be). In additional to that the same time when I has fever i had one pimple on back side of my head at lower side occurs and later it forms the puse inside but that gone automatically. Also the I had pimples on eyelid which formed the puse occurs 4 to 5 times since June, which also goes automatically. But due to these symptoms I am scared too much, that I can not explain to you. I am scared to go for a testing.

Is there anything wrong happen during the those sexual those sexual activities, which made me infected? Does saliva or fingering inside her and touching to penis with same hand can cause HIV? please please help me on this

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

There is no risk for HIV from protected sex. Using a condom is great way to prevent infection, in fact it's one of the best ways! I salute you in your efforts to keep you and your sex partner safe.

I'm sorry to hear about the things your feeling physically, but they are not related to HIV.

You can't get HIV from saliva or fingering btw. Condoms are yet good at what they do and it's very rare for them to break unless something makes them break.. it doesn't sound like that was the case for you.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Previous
Paranoid Over Bed Sheets
Next
Please answer this ASAP..I am really worried

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.