3 month sysptoms

Hello Shannon, I have taken three Elisha antibody tests at 40,77,and 91 days and they have been all negative. My exposure was giving oral sex to a sex worker. My concern is that I have constantly had issues with bleeding gums. I don't know her status. I'm also concerned that I've loss 25 pounds during these 3 months and still have flaky skin, dry throat, bumps on my shoulders, constant rumbling in my stomach and I haven't slept pass five for at least ten weeks. Can I be positive after 90 days? Really concerned. Thanks for your time

Hi We do know that oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission, but when you add in the issues of your bleeding gums does increase the risk. The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 90 days, if both of these tests are negative then so are you, as long as there were no other types of exposure during that 3 month period, if so then the timing starts over again.

What you can do is see your health care provider for a complete sexually transmitted infections screening and in this ask for a RNA test for HIV. With your symptoms you need to be seen.

Be well, Shannon

ELLISSA TEST
HIV from small amount of blood