Nov 17, 2012
hello dr shannon i did ellisa test at 5th month that is negative but she has hiv positive is this test enough to me or i need to do another test pls guide me thank you
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 90 days, if both of these tests are negative then so are you, as long as there were no other types of exposure during that 3 month period, if so then the timing starts over again.
If there has not been any type of exposure during the 5 months then you are HIV free.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are Symptoms Of Sore Throat Caused By Aids?
- Is Two Weeks After Having Sex Too Early To Get Tested For Hiv?
- How Do I Know If I Am Hiv Positive?
- Will Hiv Symptoms Show Up Within 2 Years?
- What's The Difference Between Herpes And Cold Sores?
- What To Do When Prescriptions Do Not Work For Bacterial Vaginosis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.