need counsling help

hallo my question is, when i was using some one else's electrical shaving machine it cut my skin and made me bleed i didn't stearlize it because i didn't think it had capability of cutting or scratching through skin. i know many others use that machine and for sure i used it at least 2 hours after last person had used it.i only simply cleaned it with brush what is freaking me out is,is it possible to contract hiv or hepatitis from shaving machine and am not sure if it had scratched any one but how long can a virus survive on it's surface

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there While it is certainly possible for HIV-infection to be transmitted by using the same shaving razor, this would really only happen if there was fresh, infected blood on the razor. However in the case you describe it seems as if it had been over 2 hours between uses of the razor and in this case, it would be very likely that any blood on the razor would have been in the process of drying or dried. HIV breaks down VERY quickly when exposed to air. It can ONLY survive outside the human body for a VERY short period of time. Some say 30 seconds or less. So, even IF the blood contained HIV, it was probably not able to transmit it at that point. Hope that helps. Take care LHW

Still worried and scared
5th month symptoms