The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

vaginal burning

Nov 12, 2012

My fiance has contracted HIV. We started using condoms and after sex my outer vaginal lips would burn and also blistered and also burned when I urinated. I am not allegic to latex, tested, we changed condoms, and the condoms we have used have premium lubrcant with out noxinal 9 My limph nods are enlarged and we have not had any sex for three weeks and it still burns. It would burn after he had oral sex on me and after I made myself orgasm. Been on several vaginal medicines along with steroids cream. Nothing helps and my gyno can not figure it out. had a culture on one of the blisters, told it was a calouse, I do not have HIV or any STD's I am at my witts end and wonder if this has been an issue before with anyone else. Please help very frustrated. Thank you

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- I'm afraid it sounds like you may need to see a specialist to help you with this one. There are some illnesses that can cause ulcers to develop on the vagina and would require a specialist to make this diagnosis. Some are linked to other systemic illnesses and I unfortunately cannot make the diagnosis by just your email. I would remain hopeful that someone can help you and that your frustration will be short lived. Talk to your GYN and ask for a referral. Take care,


3 Months Antibody test
confused about my hiv testing results

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint