|Rapid test vs Blood test
Nov 12, 2012
Is it possible that rapid test results differ from traditional blood test result? Is it possible that the hiv antibodies numbers too low to let rapid test detect them? Blood test more sensitive and accurate?
Thanks a lot!!
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The rapid oral test is just as accurate as the blood test. If a result comes back positive or what is called preliminary positive on the rapid test than a blood draw is needed for the confirmation.
Be well, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Straight Guys Get Hiv The First Time They Have Sex?
- Aids Or Hiv From Having Sex With A Girl On Her Period
- Hiv Risk And Vagina Masturbation
- What Does The Inside Of Your Mouth Look Like With Hiv?
- How Long After A Person Is Infected With Hiv Do You Get Symptoms?
- What Cells Does Hiv Affect?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.