|Rapid test vs Blood test
Nov 12, 2012
Is it possible that rapid test results differ from traditional blood test result? Is it possible that the hiv antibodies numbers too low to let rapid test detect them? Blood test more sensitive and accurate?
Thanks a lot!!
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The rapid oral test is just as accurate as the blood test. If a result comes back positive or what is called preliminary positive on the rapid test than a blood draw is needed for the confirmation.
Be well, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is White Tongue An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Jock Itch Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Ache In Testicles After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Spots After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.