Oral sex with a canker

Dear Dr.Southall,I performed an oral sex to a guy who claimed that he is negative and STD free. I didnt swallow the semen but there was some in my mouth. I also had a canker which had been on my lower lip for a couple day. There was no bleeding. I was worried because i thought i had some symptoms then i got tested with Hiv 1/2 rapid test 31 days after the exposure. It came out negative. Is it reliable? (The STDs screening was all negative too)

Hi We know that oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission, swallowing or not! Yes having an open sore does increase the risk and getting tested is important. The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 90 days, if both of these tests are negative then so are you, as long as there were no other types of exposure during that 3 month period, if so then the timing starts over again. I would recommend getting tested again at your 90 day mark and if this is negative than so are you!

multiple oraquick at home test... please help help
worried man pls help