multiple oraquick at home test... please help help

I really need some help about 8 or 9 years ago I hadunprotected sex with a women of unknown status. A year later I met my wife and we have been monogamous for 7 years now. She had a similar indecent to me prior to us meeting. Since then neither one of us have had an HIV test and over this time I have had shingles and she has had vial Pharyngitis. Well for the last 2 years we have been trying to start a family andthe Dr has ordered an HIV test. I was scared to death that I took 4 of the new oraquick rapid oral HIV antibodie test. All for can back negative no question...I followed thethe directions to a "t". Also my wife took the exam on 11/4/2012 and it was negative. Can these test be deemEd reliable and conclusive or is further testing needed. Doc please help I have been a Mess. I just want to get past this for ever and move on with my life... Thanks for all your help donation coming soon

Hi The home test are as accurate as the rapid oral test we offer in our office. I would say that after 4 test and it being 8-9 years after your unprotected experience your test is accurate for that exposure. The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 90 days, if both of these tests are negative then so are you, as long as there were no other types of exposure during that 3 month period, if so then the timing starts over again.

No reason to be a mess, you are HIV free!

Risk?
Oral sex with a canker