occupational exposure risks with eye splashes

I am a new RN. Curious to know what the risk of contracting HIV or hep from a PEG tube splash to the eye. It was following a flush with water. I am not sure how it happened but only one drop of somethin was in my right eye. It could have been water, tube feeds or a med that I gave. But if bile was present in the line and it splashed into my eye, could it cause infection. No visible blood but unless it was microscopic, I couldn't tell. On a side note, patient was negative for everything in august of 2011, not sure if that had changed in a year. No major risk factors. Is my risk high with bile present?

Splashes to the eye or other mucous membrane are worrisome if there is visible blood (or CSF) present. What you describe does not sound risky.

I hope you reported this incident to occupational health and followed their procedures. This generally includes testing of the source patient for HIV, HBV and HCV. You should be immune to HBV via vaccination.

i am afraid i contracted hiv from a protitute
Chances of pregnancy?