Question for David Wohl

Hi David

I have mailed you before but here are more specific's on my situation. I has possible exposure 5 year ago, since then had Abbot 4th gen, PCR not sure what type, Rapid testing and NAT testing all done past the window period. Was also on course of PEP after exposure. I have always been healthy. In the last 5 year I have developed IBS which has caused weight loss as well as swollen lymph nodes/glands for the last 4 years which I do not understand. I also read that this is a sign of HIV. I have also had a full set of blood work done and the only thing that was a issue was my colestrol. No my wife has always been healthy an now she has also develpoed diarea at least once a week. I beg you please assist.

Is there any further HIV tesing to be done for a rare subtype or is my problem elsewhere. I have a 15 month old son and he is also showing stomach issues.

It sounds like your HIV tests have been negative repeatedly. There is not some rare subtype or other needle in the haystack HIV that you should be worrying about. What you need is to talk with your doctor. If you are worried about your wife and child, have them seen by a medical provider as well. Testing them for HIV may not be easy but can reduce your fears if they too are negative.

Testing
Rapid test conclusive enough?