Nov 7, 2012
please answer my question. can hiv pass thru skin in closed fracture of wrist ???does insertion of plate or screw in scaphoid fracture increase the chance of hiv passing thru overlying skin after healing???does surgery or avascular necrosis of scaphoid increases the permeability of overlying skin to hiv even after healing take place
| Response from Dr. Wohl
None of these are factors in HIV transmission. Virus lives at point A. Susceptible person in at point B. Getting from A to B requires exposure. With intact skin, regardless of the hardware underneath, there is not A to B.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Eye Floaters After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.