|Risk of HIV in surgical smoke
Nov 7, 2012
yesterday in OR, assisting with appendix removal on HIV positive patient. Smoke evacuator from electrocautery device only worked intermittently, could smell the smoke. Is this an exposure risk?
| Response from Dr. Wohl
The good news is no. Any little virus would be vaporized and not infectious. There is no risk here at all.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risks Of Smoking Pot With An Hiv-positive Person
- Bloody Nose After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Red Eyes After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.