|Risk of HIV in surgical smoke
Nov 7, 2012
yesterday in OR, assisting with appendix removal on HIV positive patient. Smoke evacuator from electrocautery device only worked intermittently, could smell the smoke. Is this an exposure risk?
| Response from Dr. Wohl
The good news is no. Any little virus would be vaporized and not infectious. There is no risk here at all.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risks Of Smoking Pot With An Hiv-positive Person
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Used Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Rimming Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.